Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Constant cold and flu, used steroids, inhalers and spray, but no relief. Solution?

HI there\ I am constantly having cold and flu symptoms with no relieve over last 2 years or more....Shortly said i am sick 11 months out of 12. Been using steroids, inhalers, sprays, antibiotics says it might be allergies, or maybe sinuses....but not one medication has worked on me yet....lately i started having temperatures with it also and feeling very sick and so fed up with constantly being i am desperate to be able to breathe and not have runny nose and sore throat all the time.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  42
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
you symptoms does look like allergy,if your having symptoms through out the year then it may be dust allergy, for allergy you have treat your self in step wise manner
first if your symptoms is for few months a year like 2-3 months then you start an antihistamine which you have to take daily at night. if your symptoms still persist then your start using steroid nasal spray, it has no side effect and it controls the allergy very well and you should start 2 weeks before your symptoms start. if this also does not cure you.
then get yourself tested for allergy, it is called skin prick test you will know what you are allergic to, then if possible you can avoid the allergen or you can start treatment called immunotherpy. this is currently the best treatment available and your symptoms will easily reduce by 80-90 percent kindly visit your ent specialist he will guide you further and immunologist he will do skin prick test and immunotherapy
Answered: Tue, 26 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Welcome to healthcare magic. Please take a pinch of mustard seeds on empty stomach as its anti allergic as well. Have you been investigated for TB? If not pls get the mantoux test done to make sure its not the case. Alternately if you are living in India pls try Itrifil Ustukhuddus for chronic catarrh and excessive phlegm related cases.
Answered: Fri, 22 Mar 2013
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor