Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Consistently losing hair. Family history of pattern baldness

hi sir, I am 25 and has been losing hair for the last 4-5 years. the rate of hairfall is slow but nonetheless it seems it is a pattern baldness as my father also has similar baldness. Is there a way I can stop hairfall and regrow the lost hair, at this stage the baldness is mildly acute. especially at the crown portion.
Asked On : Thu, 20 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  96
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi Suvrojit,
You seem to be having androgenetic alopecia or male pattern baldness which is governed by hereditary as well as hormonal(androgenic) factors. Start using 5% minoxidil solution( coverit ax, hair4u etc) 1 ml twice in a day. You can also take finesteride 1 mg once in a day. This baldness takes time to respond. It might take 3 months to 6 months to have desirable response. If this doesn't lead to much response one can also go with sessions of mesotherapy where in minoxidil/stem cell factors/platelet rich plasma is directly instilled in scalp with micro needles. It is a pain free procedure done by a dermatologist. Hope that solves your query. Take care.
Answered: Thu, 20 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor