Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Consistent lump on forehead since a year, now started to grow and hurt. What should be done?

Hi Doctor, I am a 27 year old male. I had a small lump/ cyst (not sure about the technical term) on my forehead in the region between my eyes for almost a year now. Its size was stable and it did not hurt even when touched or pressed. Over the past 3-4 days, however, it has started to grow in size and started to hurt as well. It doesn t look good at all, and has even started to fill the entire area in between the eyes. What should I do?
Asked On : Mon, 22 Oct 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
these are lipomas
in this the oily layer below the skin opacify into solid lump
normally hey are harmless
but when thy start hurting and increase much they should be removed by consulting a surgeon
Answered: Sat, 24 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Raghuveer Murki's  Response
Hi sudden growth or pain in any lumb should be looked for cancerous change.hence go for the surgery to rule iout
F present go for excision the lump and treat if metastasis present
Answered: Sat, 24 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor