Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Consistent cough and cold with mild fever, pain in upper teeth, swelling behind front tooth. Suggestions for relief?

Hi, My son is having cough and cols since last few days with mild fever . He has been complaining about pain in his upper teth. When I checked, I can see swelling behind his one of the front tooth . I tried rinsing his mouth twice with salt water. But it is not working much. Does it take time for it to go even with salt water rinse. Please advise. Thanks
Asked On : Mon, 18 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Dentist 's  Response
The cause of swelling behind front tooth has to be ruled out clinically by a dentist.
This may be caused due to traumatic injury or deep caries.
The infected pulp within the tooth has to be extirpated out completely and curetted.
The swelling will disappear once the pus within it has drained out.
Take complete course of antibiotics-analgesics .
Maintain oral care.
Take care.
Answered: Sun, 16 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor