Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Congenital amblyopia in one eye, nearsightedness in other, had cobweb blobby pvd hindering vision. Will vitrectomy and laser help?

I am 53 yr old female who has amblyopia from birth and do not see in that eye ,I am nearsighted in the right eye -4.75 and see 20/20 with lenses i woke up 3 weeks ago with the biggest vision hindering cobweb blobby pvd i am beside my self went to both my optomotrist and my ophthalmologist i cry everyday i am a workers comp specialist. And on computers all day both docs say nothing u can do about this and may drop down in time w gravity.In the interim I cannot see and it got worse at my last visit my retina is in tact. I can not accept this as the end of my seeing w/o this monster that invaded my eye i have a special case with my left eye being almos blind and one good eye in which to see.I know of vitrectomy and lasar however i doubt if i am a candidate. Do these get better w time? I am taking supplements lutein billberry vitaminC etc please help. I am going to a retina specialist today. Thank you please help if u can. Linda
Asked On : Mon, 23 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  80
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
hello , linda..first of all per yr mail..u r in the best hands/doctors..
one eye is amblyopic in one eye and in better eye u have cobweb?? isn'nt it??with PVD??..
this is to inform u that these days we have better technology and better vitrectomy/laser machine, very give u the one of the best results..but that's true that its a surgery and every surgery has its own risk..but its very common now a days..and we r getting better i hope u will be fine too..
u have to follow yr doc's instruction very carefully and relegiously..god bless u..
please tell me wht did yr doc say after visiting retina clinic today??
Answered: Mon, 23 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor