Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Concerned about height and puberty. Can injections enhance height?

hello--- i am a concerned father , my son is 9 years old, and i and my wife both are 5 feet 4 inch tall. I am very concerned about my sons height at maturity or puberty , he is my first son( first child) , and i want some medications or injections to start to give him from this age, so he can attain atleast a height of 5-8 or 5-9 till his maturity. my sons weight is 26 kgs ! 9 years old.
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  44
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Feb 2013
Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.
The predictable height of a child is already determined and it depends on the genetic condition of the family and mean parental height which is decided by both father and mother height.
Injections are advised to people with shprt stature having growth hormone deficiency and they can't be given to people with out any deficiency or syndromic short stature.
Therefore I advise you to give an opportunity to the child to grow maximum of his attainable height by giving well balanced, nutritious diet.
Apart from good diet, no medication is required.
Monitor his height on growth charts and if it is within normal , nothing to worry.
Hope I have answered your query.
Answered: Wed, 27 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor