Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Concern about childs ear, Should I be worried ?

My dayghter has had a small hole inside of her ear since she was an infant. It is not visible to everyone. I noticed it one day as i was cleaning her ears, when I lifted the little fold at the fron of her ear I saw it. She has never complained of any pain, about once every month or two i have to wait for her to go to sleep and then clean it. I think that the hole collects dirt(i guess) so I clean it to prevent any type of health problems. Should I be worried, is it an indicater of another problem ?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Oct 2010
Answers:  8 Views:  715
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response

Could you specify which area is the hole is present. The outer cartilage is called the Auricle. Then there is the external auditory canal which is the tube that leads to the ear drum

Answered: Sat, 23 Oct 2010
  User's Response
The auricle
Answered: Sun, 24 Oct 2010
  Anonymous's Response
Better let an ENT doctor see it so that he/she will tell whether it can lead to complications or not.
My website
Answered: Sun, 24 Oct 2010
General & Family Physician Dr. Nannika Pradhan's  Response
Hi!!The area where the hole is present needs to be specified...but braodlyl, as of now,need not worry and would be of concern then, if at all she is symptomatic(pain,ear discharge etc) and bothers her later and do be careful while cleaning the dirt and make sure u do it with a medicated ear bud.
Answered: Wed, 5 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
It seems that your daughter might have infected sybacious cyst.
This may be on pinna,ear lobule or back of pinna.
It can not be drum as you can not see ear drum directly.
Consult ENT sp. and get specific diagnosis and then go for excision.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Wed, 5 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician, Surgery Dr. Pradeep Arora's  Response
No u should not be worried. If ever there is infection u shall have to show it to a pediatric surgeon, It does not denote a bigger problem elsewhere.
Answered: Thu, 6 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response
welcome to health care magic
dont get into any diagnosis with your prediction ,,if your child is having pain or pus is oozing out then we have to worry for infection s,,,if you are concern please visit ENTspecalist near you for proper diagnosis.
always use soft ear buds for cleaning,home remedy for making ear rejuvenated is:
pour few drops of leukwarm mustard oil 3 drops twice in 15 days.
take care
Answered: Thu, 6 Oct 2011
ENT Specialist Dr. Ravinder Sharma's  Response
Dear Kim Hello I am a ENT surgeon. You need to be specific about the hole you are mentioning. As it is difficult to make out from the info you have provided may I request you to refrema your questions or if possible send me a photograph so that I can explain it further. Another way is you can sonsult an ENT surgeon for it with regards Ravinder Sharma
Answered: Sun, 15 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor