Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Comprehensive myelopathy with radicular pain

My mother aged 48 is suffering from acute leg pain. We did MRI and X-Rays of her spinal cord and leg region and the doctors say she is suffering from Comprehensive Myelopathy with Radicular pain at L4-L5 L5-S1 disc level. She is a steroid patient(Steroid responsive opthalmoplegia). They say the conservative treatment is radio therapy and traction. But she is unable to take these and hence her pain is not reducing. Other alternative is to go for operation. We are confused. Can anybody help me on this with her/his prior knowledge. Thanks in advance for your time and help. ~ Ritam
Mon, 14 Dec 2009
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response

I think if she is not in a position to take the conservative measures that defines the the need for surgery. Finally the person should lead a good quality of life and prevent the further complications, I suggest for surgery. 

You might want to take a second opinion 

All the best.

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor