Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Completed treatment for yeast infection. Having pain during intercourse. Had ovarian cyst. Related?

I have been with my current boyfriend for over two years now and we have never had any problems during sex until now. Okay about two weeks ago I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with a yeast infection and she gave me the one time pill and gave my the 7 day clotrimazole . I felt that the pain was not going away until the night on the very last day. Now it has been a week since I finished my medication and my boyfriend and I tried to have sex, but when we did I felt sharp pains and a very unbearable burning sensation the whole time, I had to tell him to pull out right away. It was not because he went too deep, because I felt the pain throughout the whole process. I thought that that was very strange because I have never felt that before. I also got a feeling like I was going to throw up while this was happening. Now it is the next day and I started my period and I was feeling pressure on my lower abdomen then when I went to put a tampon in I did not feel the terrible pain that I felt during sex, but I had an unbearable pressure in my lower abdomen so I had to take the tampon out. Even after I took the tampon out I still have had the terrible pressure on my lower abdomen. I know some people may say that it is just my period causing the pressure but I know that it is not that, because I have never had that happen on my period. Also, a few days before the pain during intercourse started happening, I was having pressure/ an uncomfortable almost painful feeling in my lower left abdomen. I am really worried about what this might be and would like some feedback from anyone who may be able to help. I am going to go to the doctor next week once my period is over being that they may want to do a pelvic exam but I just need some advice in the mean time. Also, almost 4 years ago I had an ovarian cyst the size of a grown man s fist that was wrapped around my fallopian tubes and I had to have emergency surgery to get that removed. Ever since then I have been on different birth control pills trying to get them to stop coming back. For a long time they kept coming back but I finally got on a birth control pill, watsonpharma low ogestrel, that has kept them away. I am thinking that it could be another ovarian cyst but I am not quite sure if any of these symptoms are those of ovarian cysts . Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The pain during the intercourse that you have could be related to a pelvic inflammatory disease, endometriosis or the ovarian cyst. This needs to be confirmed after detailed investigations like ultrasound scan, MRI scan or laparoscopy.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal ,
Answered: Fri, 27 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor