Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Complete paraplegic. Underwent operation on butt, left with small indent where skin breaks down. Any waterproof dressings to help in healing the wound?

Hi, I am a t5 complete paraplegic and have recently had some operations on my butt, however on the left side I was left with a small indent which has had skin graft and from time to time or offend pats of the skin breaks down and I have to stay in bed until it heals. Are there waterproof dressings that I can place on the area and help heal the wound and also sit up in my wheelchair for sometime during the day?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  20
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
  User's Response
Thank for choosing HCM, Simple sterilised dressing would be well, do not apply anything on wound, put the sterilised gauze on wound pack it properly from all the side with sticking plaster ( Non reactive) sprinkle lot of talcum powder around the dressing,, will help the wound in healing, Have nice day
Answered: Sat, 20 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor