CommonFoods/Fruits to raise HDL cholestrol. please advice

I had a stroke rently and advised to manage my CHOLESTROL.ADVISE PLEASE. MY lIPID PROFILE IS TOTAL cH.-140,TRYGLY.-141,HDL-35,LDL-77,VLDL-28
Thu, 19 May 2011
Medical Topics ,  
  Anonymous's Response
's  Response

Dear nimmikhatri:

If you don't drink already, do not drink 1-2 servings of alcohol.  Perhaps only red wine.

If you have hi cholesterol, hi blood pressure, atherosclerosis, you must get the following books and follow their instrauctions rather than Dr. Gopi's text book advice.  Also, remember that when he says avoid foods... he should have said don't  f...g eat them!  BROTHER, GET ON A PLANT BASED DIET. INDIANS WERE CHAMPIONS OF IT. SO GET CRACKING....

READ;

Caldwell Esselstyn, MD -- "No More Heart Attacks -- Ever"

Oct 30, 2007 ... Dr. Esselstyn argues that conventional cardiology has failed patients by developing treatments that focus only on the symptoms of heart ...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNeWCvLZaFM

2--

The McDougall Newsletter June 2003 - Cleaning Out Your Arteries

We all start out with baby clean arteries, but that soon changes with consumption of ... I place them on a low-fat, plant-based diet (the McDougall diet). ...
www.nealhendrickson.com/.../030600puarteryclosure.htm

GOOD LUCK.

General & Family Physician Dr. Paresh N.Doshi's  Response
Suggest have walnuts/groundnuts once a day...amount to be taken is about a handful only.This is helpful in raising the good cholesterol that is HDL.
Also avoid deep fried food items
nimmikhatri's  Response
Dyslipidemia is elevation of plasma cholesterol and/or TGs or a low HDL level that contributes to the development of atherosclerosis. Causes may be primary (genetic) or secondary. Diagnosis is by measuring plasma levels of total cholesterol, TGs, and individual lipoproteins. Treatment is dietary changes, exercise, and lipid-lowering drugs. Certain changes in lifestyle can have a positive impact on raising HDL levels: * Aerobic exercise * Weight loss * Smoking cessation * Supplements like Omega 3 fish oil * Removing trans fatty acids from the diet * Adding monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats to the diet * Drinking 1–2 servings of alcoholic beverages per day * Adding soluble fiber to diet * Limiting intake of dietary fat to 30–35% of total calories. Eat a low-cholesterol, low-fat diet. This kind of diet includes cottage cheese, fat-free milk, fish (not canned in oil), vegetables, poultry, egg whites, and polyunsaturated oils and margarines (corn, safflower, canola, and soybean oils). Avoid foods with excess fat in them such as meat (especially liver and fatty meat), egg yolks, whole milk, cream, butter, shortening, lard, pastries, cakes, cookies, gravy, peanut butter, chocolate, olives, potato chips, coconut, cheese (other than cottage cheese), coconut oil, palm oil, and fried foods. Please see the web pages for more details on Dyslipidemia and High density lipoprotein.