• question-icon

Colonoscopy prep. Taking moviprep, vomiting on drinking it. History of depression. Treatment?

I am having my first colonoscopy done around 11 am tomorrow. It is currently 7:29 pm, and I started the prep I was given at 6 pm... It is Moviprep. Each time I go to drink some, I end up throwing it right back up. I suffer from depression , and I always have breakdowns after getting sick, especially if I need to take something and taking it makes me sick like this.... I ve gotten down a bit over 16 ounces of the needed first liter... But again, every time I drink some, I just throw it right back up. I ve already had one full breakdown over getting sick from this, and I really don t know if I can handle having more... Each time I have a breakdown like this, I get faint from crying so much it seems.... Is it possible to just get by with half a liter now, and the other half later for my colonoscopy when I haven t eaten in about 20 hours since I started the prep?
Thu, 5 Jun 2014
Gastroenterologist 's  Response
Some conoloscopy centers do practice a split done preparation schedule. ( half the dose one day prior and half the dose on the morning of the procedure. Please consult your GI doctor if ists alright to do this