Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Cold symptoms, severe dry heaving, clogged nose, excessive hunger and nausea. Suggestions for relief?

Hi I have had some cold symptoms the past few days, stuffy nose , sore throat and a low body temp. Well now I am dry heaving and it just seems to be getting worse. I have been taking DayQuil and NyQuil and have tried different things to get rid of my clogged nose because I can t breath out of it at all. Also I feel hungry and nauseous at te same time and I keep dry heaving. Are there any suggestions of what to do?
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  360
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
post nasal drip of sinus cause soar throat
medicines used for stuffy nose an cause hunger and noseous due to acidity
get xray pns waters view and get consultation with allergy doctor to treat on allergy guidelines
you can use anti allergic tab
anti allergic syp
and antacids ,antacids can decrease the hner and nausea feeling
fever can be due to infection in sinus can use off and on sinus specific antibiotics
use neomycin h ointment in nose bd
sea water 2 drop at niht each nose
can use other supportive therapy till you get correct consultation
Answered: Sat, 5 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
ENT Specialist Dr. A.K. Srivastava's  Response

Welcome in H.C.M.

I have gone through your query regarding stuffy and blocked nose along with sore throat and feverish feeling.

Your present history of illness suggest that you are having acute upper respiratory tract infection and this is most of the times is viral but we should consider the other pathogens also.

For diagnosis and treatment point of view you should do-

1- X-Ray Paranasal sinuses.

2- Culture and sensitivity of throat swab.

3- Blood- CBC, ESR, blood sugar- (F & PP).

4- X-Ray chest.

By the help of above investigations we can diagnose the real pathology and accordingly treatment may be planed. But till the investigations reports are awaited you may take-

a- Tab Paracetamol.

b- Anti-allergic.

c- Decongestant.

d- Steam inhalation and warm saline gargling.

I hope this will help you.

Answered: Sat, 5 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Homeopath Dr. Mungara Raveendra's  Response
hi i had gone through your query and understand your concerns. i would come up the possibility of ALLERGY-HAY FEVER-SINUSITIS is the cause for your sufferings.

possible causes include;

-inadequate nutrition
-pollution of air and water
-general poor health
-underlying dental infections
-excessive consumption of starchy and sugary foods and milk
-DYSBIOSIS;is a condition where there is the presence of abnormal intestinal bacteria.this is the often major underlying cause of food sensitivity.

treatment option;
i advise you taking Homeopathic medicines gives safe and permanent cure for your complaints
consult your local homeopathic physician for correct diagnosis of the case and remedy to fit your complaints
I hope this is helpful for you, thank you          

Answered: Sat, 5 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor