Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Cold Sensation on my leg

i am having a weird sensation on my ankle. it feels as though there is an ice cube being held to it. the sensation is sometimes so intense it feels like what i imagine frost bite would feel like, however the skin is not cold to the touch and the feeling is located in a specific spot on my ankle. it has occurred for about 2 weeks now and the spot feels about the size of a golf ball.
Asked On : Sat, 26 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  1548
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Nephrologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query

Looks like u r having a peripheral nerve injury. Have u hit yourself somewhere lately? How old are u? Are u on any medications? Diabetic? Cholesterol? It needs to be worked up including an ENMG and maybe even a doppler study depending on whether the doctor can feel your peripheral pulse, also are u a vegetarian? if so Vit b12 levels have to be checked
Have a healthy living
Answered: Fri, 19 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
You are having a nerve related problem probably due to nerve injury or compression or infection. The exact diagnosis needs a nerve conduction study of the lower limbs.
Taking methylcobalamin supplements at least 1500 mcg daily can also help.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

Answered: Fri, 19 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor