Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
195 Doctors are Online

Clutching his chest and grimacing for a short time. Should I call a doctor the next time this happens ?

Just looking for some advice, my dad has been spotted by my sister and brother on different occasions clutching his chest and grimacing for a short time, few seconds I think. I know he is prescribed half an aspirin a day but I haven t seen him take any for a long time. He is 59 and doesn t lead a healthy life (smokes, drinks etc). He also has Wernicks Korsakoff Syndrome which for him has a effect on him similar to Alzeimers although its not degenerative, I haven t seen him take that tablet for about a year but he seems more settled and happy without it (quientiapine fumerate). Should I call a doctor the next time this happens or just make sure he gets his aspirin everyday and see how it goes ? Thanks for any advice
Wed, 16 Dec 2009
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
  User's Response about telling him your concerns and being assertive with him, backing it up with how much you all care for him and you worry about him. Hopefully he will try to reassure you that he is taking his medication and if he isnt he'll start taking it again. from what youve said, I think you'd be justified in insisting he gets his GP to check him out with one of you there with him. Wishing you all good health and take care.
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor