Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Cluster of black heads in armpit for years, increasing in size. Should i meet a doctor?

I've had a cluster of what looks similar to black-heads on my arm-pit that I first noticed around the ages of 8-10, and I am now nearly 17 and they haven't went away. They've only gotten fairly larger, and occasionally (not often) some black head similar stuff with come out of it, but it's completely black and harder.
I have no clue what this is or if I should get it checked.
Asked On : Wed, 9 Oct 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  8
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for posting your query to HCM.
You may be having a problem called as FOx Fordyce's disease.
You may to get it confirmed by a dermatologist, and start treatment after it.
Answered: Wed, 9 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor