• question-icon

Clogged ear, popping sound and itching in the ear post formation of knot behind it, no wax production. How can I do away with this?

Hello, about 3 months ago my right ear became clogged. A couple of weeks went by it still being clogged i decided to get a ear candle. It helped for about 2 days and i began to notice a popping sound in my ear. I have tried Debrox , Olive oil, Zyrtex and even exhaling air into my air to stop it from popping. Nothing has worked. I noticed a small knot behind my ear and since then my left ear has began doing the same popping/ crackling sound. The left ear also now itches constantly. I have noticed that my ears does not produce wax i havent seen any which is weird. What can i do to stop this?
Tue, 1 Apr 2014
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi, the cause of popping sensation in ears can be related to debris or wax in the external auditory canal or a blockade of Eustachian tube. The associated symptoms you have described point to collection in the external auditory canal. Please see an ENT and get you ear cleaned and problem should be over. Ear normally produces wax but it is not in the form which is usually visible as it gets cleaned continuously naturally and this gives the feeling of not production of wax. So, this is normal and you need not worry about this. Regards