Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Clogged ear, difficulty in hearing post using twisted sheet of paper to relieve itching, used ear-drops. Treatment required?

Hello? I tisted a sheet of toilet paper to itch the inside of my ear. That was two days ago. When I did it, it relieved the itching, but it hurt really bad right afterward. The pain went away in a while, but it then felt clogged. I think some hearing might be lost because when my phone was ringing I could not easily locat it as I normaly can. I used some eardrops yesterday and it seemed a little better. Today I feel like my ear is clogged, like it has water or something inside. I am trying to decide if I should go to the hospital or see a doctor, or if it will just get better on it s own. What should I do?
Asked On : Thu, 3 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  72
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
ENT Specialist 's  Response
You might have got swelling of ear canal after itching. You should take
Tab cefpodoxime 200 twice
Tab diclomol thrice
Tab allegra 120 once
For 5 days
Then see some ENT SPECIALIST near you to get your ear cleaned if required. Dont put any drops without consultation.
Answered: Thu, 3 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor