Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Clogged ear, applied ear drops, black spot on eardrum. What could it be?

Hi. I have been to see a doctor regarding my right ear. Several weeks ago it became clogged which caused some discomfort. I saw a physician. Ear wax lodged deep in the ear was the prognosis so I was given ear drops to soften up the wax. After 8 days nothing happened. I went back to doctor and had my ear flushed. I could hear! Four days later I felt as if my ear was clogged again. I got more ear drops from the doctor and this time after 5 days NOTHING was happening.My ear felt worse. No pain just felt like fluid was in the ear. I went back tonight to have it flushed again. Now I am being told I have a black spot on my eardrum .What could it be? I can hear after the flushing of my ear but I am not at 100percent. Any ideas? I obviously need to seek further medical attention but I am really worried after what i thought was simply wax removal has become something bigger.
Asked On : Fri, 19 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  774
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
  User's Response
I cannot tell you what the black spot on your eardrum is without seeing it myself. It could simply be residual wax that did not come. It could be a fungal infection. Or, it could be any number of things. Best thing to do is see an ENT doctor who can examine your ear with a microscope in his or her office, and then prescribe the appropriate treatment.
Answered: Tue, 23 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor