Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Clicking in the rib just below the sternum, constant rattling with chest and back pain. How to get rid of it ?

I have rib just below the sternum that clicks in and out of place (this had happened for years so not too worried) about 3 months ago it sempt to have got stuck under another rib and I was in some pain but again I didn t worry too much as I managed o get it back in place. since then though I have had a constant rattling just under the rib when I breath that causes chest pain on that side and back pain . I think there may be an air pocket. also sometimes it sounds like i m whistling when I breath. Can you advise how I can get rid of this please.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  67
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
From history it seems that there might be dislocation or detachment of ziffi sternum from sternum.
Ziffi sternum is small bone piece attached to sternum below.
Nothing to worry.
Consult orthopedic surgeon and get examined.
Ok and take care.
Answered: Thu, 8 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor