Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Cleft lip, is it can be repaired ?

My son had is lip spilt from the time he was born. He had difficulty in sucking. I saw a pediatricina. He said it needs to be operated for this. Will his lip will be OK after the surgery.
Asked On : Mon, 14 Sep 2009
Answers:  4 Views:  324
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
  Anonymous's Response

yes sure..i know of a freind whos daugther had similar problem..she got the operation she is 22 years, going to be married in next dont worry..

Answered: Tue, 15 Sep 2009
  User's Response
yes cleft lip can be repaired and in good surgeons hand we cannot make out any scar after operation..
Answered: Tue, 13 Oct 2009
  User's Response
Even my son had the proplem. Now the doctor has done the surgery. Now he donot have problem and he looks fine also
Answered: Sun, 1 Nov 2009
  User's Response
I know a good pediatric surgeon who does good work on cleft lip, He did not my sisters son in New Delhi. If you want I can connect you to him with details of his address.
Answered: Fri, 16 Oct 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor