Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Clear vaginal discharge, pain on urination, hurts on inserting finger. Do not want to use garlic or yoghurt. Other home remedy options?

Hi, my name is Amber, I am a 14 year old girl who is quite confused on something and I can t seem to figure out what it is or how to fix it. I thought at first that I may have a vaginal yeast infection but now I m not so certain. Some days, nothing burns or hurts and everything is fine, but some days, a clear film comes out and it hurts to urinate and continues to hurt for at least 20 minutes after, then goes away. I sexual activity, it hurts to even have a figure inserted into my vagina. I don t believe in medication and would like a home remedy without having my mother know. I seen that putting garlic into your vagina works, but I m not comfortable with that and I don t own any plain yoghurt either. I would really appreciate some help. Thank you so much if you can help me.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  49
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
it sounds like you more likely have a urine infection than a vaginal infection. the best way to treat that is by drinking lots of fluid and especially cranberry juice. this usually helps and is very effective. if the symptoms continue despite trying these home remedies, you will need to see a doctor just to make sure it isn't more serious.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any more questions.
Answered: Sun, 18 May 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor