Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Cigarette burn mark on lip. Any medication to apply on burn to heal?

I had a cigarette burn on my lip almost a year ago. It keeps going and coming but it has covered a larger portion of my lip now. I got Bedan cream from my doctor, which was helpful, but the thing on my lip grows again. At times, in the morning, my upper lip is orange due to dried watery thing coming out of the burnt area and then it takes another week or so to heal again. Could you please recommend another medicine and tell me why this isn t going? Best regards
Wed, 17 Jul 2013
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Addiction Medicine Specialist 's  Response

Recurrent ulcers after a burn which are growing in size should not be neglected. Please consult a surgeon as soon as possible so that a proper assessment can be made. There is a risk of the ulcer becoming malignant. So please do not neglect this. I hope you have quit smoking, if not, please give it a serious thought. At least ensure that the lesion is not irritated by the cigarette or smoke.

Best wishes.
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor