Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Churg strauss syndrome, high ESR, hyperkalemia. Used cellcept, mycophenolate. Can I get back to using them?

Tell me about the use of cellcept; mycophenolate 500mg tid for treatment of Churg Strauss Syndrome. I had to quit taking approximately 2 weeks following an increase from bid dosing to tid dosing related to hyperkalemia with a K+ of 6.1. I am afraid to return to bid dosing and have been off this medication for 2 weeks now. Total time of taking medication was less than 3 weeks before I was advanced to tid dosing. Treatment is aggressive for CSS at 2nd stage of disease with ESR=45. D. Henderson RN
Asked On : Wed, 3 Jul 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  63
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Thank for using HCM, I think, if you have not try steroid, then try it, it gives good result in disease like 'allergic granulomatosis' and can be taken for longer duration, one more thing you can do,, wait for some time for natural remission, the chance of it is fairly enough, these thing should be taken in account before starting immunosuppressive drug, because if no natural emission occurs, then the course of disease is much longer some time life long, then you can start the immunosuppressive drug, now you already started the Cellcept, so you discus with your doctor for to omit it, for some time, have nice day.
Answered: Wed, 24 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

 2 users find this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor