Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Chronic urticaria since long, blood test showed no food allergy. Any suggestion?

Im 34 yrs old and been suffering with chronic urticaria for the past 9mos. ive been to 2 dermotologist and 2 allergist recently had a blodd test that showed no food allergies . Now I took it upon mysmyself to get tested for H-pylori test after doing some research i ve changed my diet. And I still have the break outs. Do you have any siggestions?
Asked On : Fri, 6 Jul 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  67
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
It seems that your urticaria is truly idiopathic in nature, but I presume that the H pylori test (during endoscopy) was negative as your results of food allergies.
Thyroid function with TPO antibodies should be checked as occasionally thyroid imbalance can be the cause.
You will need Allegra 180mg AM plus 90mg PM and cetirizine 10mg (midday) with 10mg reserve at night (PM) or hydroxyzine 25/50mg ONLY at night to control the urticaria. There are various combinations of antihistamines you can use that give you best control. Anti-IgE therapy (Omalizumab) or high-dose IVIG are expensive traetment options especially when hydroxycholoroquine or ciclosporin fails after antihistamines have not worked.
Answered: Fri, 6 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Puvvula Kishore Kumar's  Response
Hi....dear eilee..,
Thanks for using HCM..,
due to Ig E mediation..,
So go for Morning Fexofenadine Hcl...ALLEGRA 180 mg ..,
Night times use LEVOCETRIZINE...10 mg ..,
Tab Ranitidine 150 mg before breakfast..,
Apply calamine lotion on affected part..,
Tab Dicaris....Levamisole 150 mg weekly once for 3 weeks.,
Answered: Wed, 18 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor