Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

Chronic, uncomfortable itchiness around genital area, rash around pubic mound with smell. Reasons ?

Hi there, I am currently experience chronic, uncomfortable itchyness around my genital area. It first started with that I thought was thrush, so I got an over-the counter medicine for that. But I found the creams releaved my itchyness only periodically and stung a little when applied. As this has kept going, I have developed a rash around my pubic mound - looks like a lot of pimples / ingrown hairs which have become more and more itchy as it grows. I also have noticed that the skin becomes flaky and peels off. I have a little more discharge than usual, but havent noticed an abnormal smell.
Asked On : Wed, 21 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  101
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi there,
i think things are not very clear and ofcourse its not possble for you to tell each and everything in detail.
Now there are two things in mind as i gathered according to your condition,
1:IT could have been a Yeast infection and the cream that you have bought over the counter may contain steroids and after the application there is a steroid induced acne,which you have reffered as "lots of pimples". so if that is the case then you need to stop the cream.
2:You might have developed a condition called Lichen Simplex Chronicus in which the skin becomes thickend,dry and roughened due to constant rubbing and itching.
At this point i think you need to see a doctor so that he can have a good look at the rash and ssoaciated factors and proceed further.
The only advise i would like to give you is to apply White Petroleum Jelly at the sites regularly and take Tablet Zyrtec 10mg once a day before going to bed.
thanks very much, and all the bset.
Answered: Wed, 21 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor