Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Chronic stomach pain, perimenopausal. Blood test shows low iron. Ultrasound required?

Hello, I am having pain in my stomach which has been going on for two months. I doctor a month ago did a urine test and yesterday I had a blood test which i see indicates low iron. I realize that more test may be pending but am concerned that my doctor sin t as proactive as i would like. Would you recommend getting an ultrasound? I am a 47 perimenopausal woman who is generally in mvery good health. Thanks
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for your query.
As per your letter,it is evident that you are having pain since 2 months.
As there are many causes for Abdominal pain,please get investigated with the consultation of your doctor.
Minimum investigations needed are Plain X ray abdomen,Ultrasound abdomen.
Hope everything is normal
Wish you good health
Answered: Wed, 23 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor