Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Chronic scrotal swelling, no improvement with surgeries, ultrasound showed hydrocele. What should be done?

hi doctor i had right scrotal swelling since 11 years .it was operated twice by two different doctors in two different hospitals 9 years back once and 6 years back once. now again i got swelling...thing is after both the surgeries they swelling did not disapper . recently i have done ultrasound it shows hydrocele and no other infections. now what shall i do
Asked On : Sun, 19 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  61
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Diabetologist 's  Response
i am sorry about you getting recurrent surgeries

the fact remains that hydrocele can recur
have you been evaluated for the cause of hydrocele?

i would suggest you try to
loose weight
avoid heavy exercises
avoid lifting heavy weights
test your kft and echocardiography

and meet a new surgeon

surgery is the only option available
for definitive treatment of hydrocele

best of luck
Answered: Sat, 28 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor