Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Chronic runny nose, nervousness. Allergy tests administered. Allergic to rye. Used nasal sprays, claritin, neti pot. Suggestions?

I am 50 and have always had a persistent runny nose -chronic. I do not appear to have allergies to outside sources i.e.. pollen, grass, etc. I have been tested both here and in Germany where they poked the skin with the obvious allergens. Rye was the only one they came up with. They said I had unspecific allergies. I have tried lots of nasal sprays, claritin, etc with none working well. I use the neti pot but this doesn't stop it. I find it Impacts my ability to think, talk, and eat. It makes me nervous and I can't hit the soprano notes consistently like I would like in choir. Do you have any new suggestions?
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  30
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
you have to avoid food which was alergic to you
completely withdraw that food
for pollens you can go for desensitisation therapy for environmental allergens
but if that theapy is not avalable then you can choose to take fexofenadine 120 mg od or bd
apply neosporin h eye ointment in nose bd
sea water drops 2 drops at night each nostril
yiu can continue without side effects these
i have treted many patients with desensitisation therapy
Answered: Thu, 25 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor