Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Chronic rheumatic fever, taking penidure la 12, having back pain, swollen ankle, non hemolytic streptococcus. Can take penidure? Suggestion?

I have chronic rheumatic fever since i was 12 years old. Now I am 37. I am taking regularly penidure LA 12. Now I am suffering from back pain, severe hip pain , ankle pain and knee pain . there is swelling of ankle and knees. I had done HLA B27 test and it was found positive while ACCP was negative. CRP was positive ASO negative ESR 35. CBC normal. I had also did culture of throat swab and non hemolytic streptococcus was found which shows resistant to several antibiotics like penicillin, erythromycin but sensitive to vancomycin and levofloxacilin. I am taking diclofenac sodium 50 mg now. so should i take penidure and how can i get relief from pain. kindly suggest me
Asked On : Thu, 26 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  362
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Rheumatologist 's  Response
Dear Madam,

You will need DMARDS or biological drugs like infliximab for this condition . You can take inj. penidura with it .

Dr. Shruti
Answered: Thu, 27 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor