Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

Chronic patient of gastroenterology, have pain in stomach. What to be done?

i am a chronic patient of gastroenterology i have pain in stomach due to gases and also on the left side of the stomach the gases are struck there and give alot of pain that i cannot sit properly in the wash room for passing the stool . if i apply pressure to pass the stool i feel some thing is twisting onthe left side of the stomach.i also have a problem in passing the stool through anus some of the stool remain in the intestine and does not come out even if it is hard or softand the gas was also stored in the lower side of the spinal cord and i was un able to through it out weather i apply pressure i am the patient since last 4 years pls guide me . i even cannot eat or drink properly
Asked On : Fri, 7 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  414
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response

Thank you for the query.

You did not mention what test were performed.
What you are probably suffering from is large intestine diverticulitis. This condition in most cases is caused by constipation. Severe pushing on intestine wall causes some kind of small hernias in intestine called diverticles. However, such symptoms may also be caused by colon cancer.
What you should do, is to have fool blood work with inflammation markers and if those will occure elevated, antibiotics treatment is necessary. About a month after antibiotics course, colonoscopy should be performed to rule diverticles and colon cancer out.
If you will be diagnosed with diverticles and your inflammation will recur, large intestine surgery might be necessary.
As I do not know what tests where performed, your symptoms might be also caused by urinary tract infection, that is why urine tests should be performed. It is advisable also to have liver tests and pancreas tests as well. Abdomen ultrasound is advisable as well.

Hope this will help.

Answered: Sat, 8 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor