Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Chronic pain in center of rib cage under the breast bone, hurts specially when sitting or bending, shortness of breath. Diagnosed with gerd. Take prilosec. Please guide.

I have a chronic pain that has become constant in the center of my rib cage under the breast bone. Hurts especially when sitting or bending. The pain extends to right and left side. Occasional shortness of breath. I have been previously diagnosed with GERD and take Prilosec daily and watch my diet. No particular gas issues.
Asked On : Fri, 10 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  134
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi. the symptoms you are explaining, as associated with postural change are mainly concerned with musculoskeletal system of yours..and in addition u r diagnosed with GERD, in which the symptoms will be burning pain in upper abdomen, like you said in the centre of your rib cage, except postural relation might not be there. so, hot fomentation ( hot water bag application), muscle relaxants, and avoiding pulling heavy weights will help.. in addition to this continue takin Omeprazole and take care of your diet accordingly. avoid tea, coffee, spicy food. adequate amount of water intake is adviced. take care.
Answered: Wed, 11 Jun 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor