Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Chronic lower back pain after an accident. Surgery suggested for gap in the spine. Any other treatment?

my friend had an accident in Jan 2012. at that time she took the bed rest. but recently she is suffering from a chronic lower back pain . after MRI dr concluded that there is GAP increased in SPINE and operation is must. Is it necessary for her to go with operation to get rid off pain.or by exercise, yoga and some Ayurvedic treatment she can be fit.
Asked On : Sun, 4 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  37
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Anesthesiologist 's  Response
Accident in jan 2012.Now she is suffering from chronic low back ache.This may be due to various causes like disc prolapse,fractures,subluxation/dislocations of the spine etc.U just mentioned there is a increased gap in MRI.It would be better if u could atleast message the mri conclusion report.With out any reason no doctor suggests surgery.If u have any doubt regarding this, nothing wrong in getting a second opinion from another neurosurgeon.Pls first get another doctor opinion n then think of yoga/exercise as these still aggravate the problem if there is severe disc prolapse/fracture.
Answered: Mon, 2 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor