Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Chronic liquor addict. Taking sizodon syrup, diminished liquor intake. Stop medication?

Hi, my husband was a chronic liquor addict and used to get violent in while drunken. On consulting a psychiatrist , he suggest Sizodon syrup and he is giving the medicine by last 1.5 years without his knowledge. Now considerable changes are there in his character and diminished liquor taking considerably. Can we stop the medicine administration now?
Asked On : Mon, 17 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  121
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi Sarita
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
Sizodone is a drug primarily meant to treat psychoses.
It has shown good response in your husband's case, I must congratulate that your husband is almost free of alcoholism.
Before you stop the drug note one thing that it should be tapered slowly rather than abruptly stopping it.
Another important point is that you should try to modify his company, a bad company can again cause him to fall prey of his habit.
Change/transfer his job if possible.
Motivate him to have regular exercises and gain heath.
Going to religious place of worship would also soothen his mind.
Wish you a great health!
Answered: Fri, 21 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor