Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Chronic left arm pain, abnormal pulse on lifting arm, no presence of dislocated bones or fractures. Treatment?

Hi,My Left arm hurts,i have been to an orthopedic and a neurologist ...Both have been unable to diagnose the problem,i m having this pain since last 4 years now..sometimes its mild,at other times its worse. They both however told that my pulse becomes abnormal when they lifted my left arm and told me to breathe deeply,keeping my face on the right side.. I am not sure which doctor should i go to.. I dont have any dislocated bones or fractures .
Asked On : Sun, 27 May 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  199
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response

1. The cause of arm pain usually includes from cervical to arm level.
2. This requires to investigate with X-ray chest & shoulder, and MRI cervical spine to rule out cervical rib, disc disease, cervical spondylosis or other.
3. Sometimes you may need extensive investigations and physical examination to clinch the the diagnosis.
4. Your complaints are in the orthopedic spectrum.

'Wishing you Good Health'.
Answered: Sun, 27 May 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Hand Surgery Dr. Roshan's  Response
welcome to the hcm forum

form the descrpiton you have given i would like to know more in the details about the pain what aggravated the pain what relives the pain from where the pain starts and what are other symptoms asscoiated with it

how ever since you have said your pulse differs on lifting your arm i would like to have a xray of your cervical spine ap/lateral view to rule out the cervical rib.

cervicla rib is extra rib in few individual which some times may leead to compression of the blood vesselor nerve which may be the cause of your pain.

if the xray show nothing then mri to rule out the cervial rib or any brachail plexus neuritis

i would advised you to meet orhopaedician and take furthur managment.

wish you good health

Answered: Sun, 27 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor