Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Chronic fissure, had pain after being constipated. Advised colonoscopy. Should I go for it?

I have been having fissure onand off for 2 years now.i was travelling last week and had very little water so was contipated .and the fissure was bad.went to see thedoc and she put me on anti biotics for three days and asked me to do colonoscopy .said it is chronic fissure and if I was 24 she would have asked me to go but since I am 48 she wanted me to do I have to do it? The fissure is better after the medicines.
Asked On : Mon, 23 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  57
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query,
Fissure is not specific with age.
You gets fissure due to brake of your rectal mucous membrane due to friction of hard stool gets infection & later on bleeding leads to recurrent infection & when heals due to fibrous tissue it has less elasticity so leads to more friction.
Some times it is associated with piles also.
The first & fore most rule of fissure treatment is you should have a loose stool so that it passes easily & no friction arises & you gets healing of wound.
Take more leafy vegetables,a mild laxative,along with mild anti inflammatory medicine with anti anerobic infection medicine will help you.
You should take warm water sitting after every act of defecation & then apply xylocain containing cream will heal the wound.
Answered: Mon, 23 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor