Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Chronic ear infections, blood and pus through ear, pain and dizziness, prescribed antibiotics every time. Permanent remedy?

I am 28 years old and have been getting ear infections all my life. I know i had tubes in my ears as a baby, but this past year alone I have had 3 really bad ones, and today i had to go to the er for the second time in the last six months because I have blood and pus coming out of my ear. Not to mention the pain and dizziness . I have been to several doctors over the years for this, but It seems that it is becoming more frequent and severe this past year or so. Every doctor I have seen just gives me antibiotics , some kind of ear drops, and some pain reliever and sends me on my way...what should I do ?
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
hello. your doctors are right in giving you antibiotics and drops, you have to continue these till your infection comes down. once it setltes , then you can meet your ENT doctor , who will do some further teats and operate on you. that will help prevent further attacks of infection, thanks
Answered: Thu, 2 Jan 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor