Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Chronic ear infection due to use of allergy towards fake earrings. Is there any cure?

Hi Doctor, can i ask you something please? My ear is infected for a long time , i m 17 right now, I think it s because i only can wear gold/white gold/silver but ,when i was like 4 i could were those fake-earrings all the time? will my allergy ever end ?or do i always have to wear golden earrings? Thanks for your help!
Asked On : Mon, 17 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  65
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon 's  Response
People who have allergy to a particular metal would continue exhibiting allergy to it when it is used subsequently. You can abstain from wearing ear rings for a few weeks and then try again wearing those ear rings to which you have allergy to see if it has resolved, otherwise you would need to wear those golden ear rings all the time. Gold is one of the metals which is least allergic so is titanium therefore these are your options.
Answered: Mon, 17 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor