Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Chronic cough with sharp pain under rib cage. Difficult in breathing. What is the problem?

I was coughing this morning and suddenly inside of my body under my right rib cage I got this really sharp pain. It's uncomfortable now but, really spikes when I cough. I had a chronic cough a week or so ago. Now it is just every so often. But, when I do cough it is really hard and violent. Sometime's I run out of air, then try to breath air in and start choking. My face gets beat red and I start tearing up.
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  45
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
as history of cough since one week but you are feelin pain today morning and breathing diffculty the possbility of dry plurisy . It is very necessary to x-ray examination fo rulout of disease because of manycauses are responsble for chest have not mention H/of fever . the chest pain oftainly
associated with infection. Itis advise to youthat you should go for sputam test and consult to chist
Take care
Answered: Sun, 28 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Anuj Dan's  Response
The first question I would like to ask is do you smoke? If yes how many a day and since when have you been smoking?
Since you didnt mention a fever, I think we can rule out an infection for now.
The best way to about things is to get a chest X-ray done, that way we can find out what is going on in your lungs. Another way is with with a general check up, the doctor can find out if there is any kind of consolidation in your chest. As such I recommend you go see a doctor for a general check up.
I hope this helped.
Answered: Sun, 28 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Anirban Bhowmick's  Response
hello.I have got your question.this symptoms seem to be of pleural infection.If this symptoms were also present in the past? does anybody of your family has this type of respiratory problem?if yes ,then it may be a problem of asthmatic bronchitis.associated with allergic problem.I will suggest you to consult with your doctor first and follow his advice. wish you a good health.thank you.
Answered: Sun, 28 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor