Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Chronic constipation. Done fissure and fistula repair. Abdominal pain, thigh pain. Emergency?

Hi Dr Christensen, I have had chronic constipation for about a decade now. I have had two procedures on my colon/ rectum for A) Fissure repair and B) Fistula Repair (using a seton, which was pulled out prematurely, and never quite healed). As of 36 hours ago, after giving myself a small enema, I felt a pain in my lower left abdomen, which im assuming is pain in my descending colon. I have felt the pain before, when impacted, but now, it has been 36 hours and any gas or solid that moves through is painful...some pain radiating to my left thigh. I bent over, releasing the ab muscles, and felt a small walnut-sized lump in the area of pain. There is no blood in my stool and it does not hurt when I stand up but there is pressure when I sit. Does this sound like something an anti-inflammatory would help, or does it sound like an emergency? Thank you :) Keri
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  74
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
all these complain seems to be due to impacted stool as you have experienced earlier but wait it may be primary symptoms of intestinal obstruction,,,due o impacted stool,so i suggest please before taking any medication visit your physician and do a USG
Answered: Fri, 20 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor