Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Chronic chest pain, radiating to back, numbness in arm. EKG, ECG abnormal. Do I need to see a cardiologist?

I am; 65 y.o.woman. I have had chronic left center chest pain radiating to my back below the scapula for years but has gotten worse Occassional pain in my index finger with some numbness to my left arm I had an ekg today; -septal infarct, abnl. ECG. Do I see my GP or make an app. with a cardiologist. What do I need to YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Sun, 8 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  101
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Since EKG is showing a septal infarction,you must consult a cardiologist and get a thorough cardiac evaluation.You may require a cardiac angiography.
Answered: Sun, 8 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor