Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Chronic chest pain in a young woman, please help

I m a young woman in my early 20‘s, in good health and not overweight. I ve been having chest pain for over a year now. I’ve had 4 Holter monitors, chest X-rays, blood tests, and 2 stress tests; I ve also been to a heart specialist and nothing was determined. I don t find it gets worse with stress, it doesn t get better laying down or sitting up, I don t get dizzy, and it hasn t gotten worse as the months go by. It can occasionally spread pain to my back, jaw and left arm. Deep breaths cause a slight increase in pain. The pain seems localized on the left side and center of my chest. It will get worse with heavy lifting, but not jogging. Food or weather don t affect it, but lack of sleep will make the pain more intense. The only other symptom that came around the same time is extreme tiredness, plus I suffer from chronic migraines and have for 12 years. Please help! Thank you Child, but like I said above, I’ve had a stress test and blood work. To clarify further, I’ve had full labs done and a physical. Nothing was found.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  415
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
  User's Response
You poor dear! You are way to young to be having this happen. I am not a doctor, but have had these problems and many others. I still get sent to Cardiologists and have them do tests and so far it is not my heart. Please see a good Rheumatologist and/or Allergist Immunologist. Could be a Collagen related disesase. Could be costochondritis, or Immune Related. Could be also something called Lupus Chest, which is like your breast bone hurting, even to the touch. I had these problems when I was younger. It took 10 years until I was properly diagnosed! I have Fibromyagia, Sjogrens Syndrome, markers for Lupus, and a few other auto-immune related diseases. The sooner you are diagnosed, the sooner you will feel better. See the specialists and see them soon to give you peace of mind and a better quality of life :) Best of luck to you and I hope you feel much better. Don't fret! You will find the right doctor and get treatment :) Wishing you good health! Donna
Answered: Thu, 17 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor