Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Chronic back pain, mild scoliosis, pain. What is the treatment?

My chronic back pain is undertreated...very undertreated. I m a 19 year old male who was diagnosed with MILD scoliosis about 3 weeks ago. While the curve of my spine is not very painful looking to the naked eye I m in pain all the time. I m out of vicodin and tramadol and have to make it 1 whole week without effective pain relief. I am currently working with a chiropractor to help my back, but it is a slow process and results are not immediate or lasting. Anyway, now I m SOL with no relief and don t want to call my doctor sounding like a drug seeker My doctor only gave me #20 5mg vicodin, and I had to call him for a refill after just 1 week.
Asked On : Sat, 2 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  103
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Back pain can be debilitating in some persons.

Treatment involves addressing the particular cause if possible, physiotherapy and medication.
In some persons psychological therapy is also needed to deal with the pain and its resulting limitations.

In addition to the chiropracter, you can consider adding physiotherapy to your regimen.

If the pain medication is insufficient then you may either consider speaking to your doctor or visiting a pain management specialist.

I hope this helps
Answered: Wed, 4 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor