Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Chronic acne, small pimples on face, oily skin, black spots. Tried brevoxyl, isotrex. Permanent cure?

i am 27 years old,height 5.3 ,weight 57kg. I have acne from 14 years old.These are small pimple all over my face.Some are large but most are small.Skin very oily. I am asian. I was appointed with doctor several times. But it is not totally removes.Many black spots on my face.Recently I used brevoxyl and isotrex cream and take doxycap tablet foe four months. It was not remove acne. Now What can I do?
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  140
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
hi..thanks for your query
Acne is a chronic and recurrent condition for most.Treatment need to be changed or customized from time to time with a dermatologist and during its course you may see various forms and severity of acne.Unfortunately, there is no permanent cure of acne.With adequate treatments, you can achieve a very good clear skin .YOU are taking correct medications.You may also follow these steps:
1)Use Salicylic 2% based gel twice daily to wash your face .Do not over wash your face ; if you do o , the body starts producing more oil to compensate the loss of poi due to cleansing.So restrict washing to 2-3 times a day maximum.
2) Use only non comedogenic preparations on your face.Like sunscreen and moisturizers should be gel based and from a good brand which mentions 'non-comedogenic' in its packaging
3)You can go ahead with a few sessions of Salicylic peels once in 15 days and get your come domes extracted regularly with a qualified dermatologist to reduce pimples further.
Hope this is helpful..take care!
Answered: Wed, 13 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor