Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Chronic abdominal pain with spasms

I have chronic abdominal pain for more than 20 yrs. In 1999 I have got ideopathic terminal ilium perforation & managed by laporotomy 15 days after peritonitis, but pain continued until now. 5-mths. back incisinal hernia was repaired , developed after old opn. Nature pain- usually spasmotic in ipigastrium or just above the umblicus in left side. pain site is usually slight tender & firm. Pain subsided with girgling sound. USG = normal. upper & lower GIT endoscopy is normal, CT scan of whole abd. shows SPLENIC FLEXOR SYNDROME. Pain increase by fatty & spicy meal. Usually pain occurs after fullness of abd. There is sometimes pain free period for 1-2 mth, I have already taken 2- courses of ATT. long courses of PPI & t/t of IBS. Now I need your expert openions.
Asked On : Sun, 22 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  173
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General Surgeon 's  Response
hello farhanhasen.4,
pain in left side of abdomen, increase by fatty &spicy food advice- upper GI endoscopy, & biopsy, untill take tablet- pentaprazole 40 mg on empty stomach for 21 days,pain after fullness of abdomen- liver function test, HIDA scan,some time there is malabsorption syndrome -due to short bowel syndrome or ileum resection- in that case need supplementation with-vitamin B12,bile salt malabsorption occur due to ileal resection, if ATT not respond fully advice -sputum culture &sensitivity, some time Tuberculosis associated with HIV or AIDS, in that case advice- HIV test, hope my advice is useful to you, thank you.
Answered: Wed, 2 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor