Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Chronic abdominal pain under ribs, nausea, dull pain. Pain in the right of abdomen is sharp and breading difficulty. Causes?

I have chronic abdominal pain . It is in the center right under my ribs/sternum. This pain is usually more pressure accompanied with nausea but not always. However it is a dull pain. This does not always occur after eating but sometimes does. The other pain is on the right side of my abdominal area. This pain is sharp and makes it difficult to breath or move. This is not as frequent but the worst pain.
Asked On : Fri, 2 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  89
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi welcome to Health care magic forum.
Thanks for calling to H.C.M.Forum.
You have got a chronic abdominal pain under the ribs,nausea, it is a dull pain, other pain is on right side of abdomen, it is sharp and difficult to breath or move, it some times happen.
It appears to be the gastric irritation, due to peptic ulcer, or due to irritant foods. When it is dull limited to middle, but when it is more extends to the right side and sharp. it may be due to gallbladder pain also.
I advise you to consult a gastro enterologist for diagnosis and treatment. You may need to have gastroscopy, M.R.I. besides other routine tests for confirmation.
Wishing for a quick and complete recovery.
Best regards.
Answered: Mon, 6 May 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor