Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Choking feeling in upper neck region. Chest X-ray, tlc, 2d echo negative. Next step?

Recently my mother aged 67 started complaining taht she feels some sort of choking sensation in her upper neck region while walking but only sometimes not always .In the recent times she had had a chest infection also .So to rule out any further problem I got her chest X ray, tlc ,dlc, ecg ,tmt .2 d echo done . Everything is fine in the reports but for one line in the tmt which says test is mildly positive for inducible myocardial ischaemia.Kindly guide me what it is and what next is to be done.
Asked On : Wed, 28 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  78
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Cardiologist 's  Response
Dear patient,

This means that blockages in the arteries of the heart might be giving your mom that choking sensation. With current evidence, it may be reasonable to obtain a stress echocardiogram or nuclear study to see how big or small is the area of ischemia; if it is relatively small, then heart medications are very effective at controlling symptoms and improving outcomes; if the area is actually big, then an angiography of the heart could be indicated (look at the vessels of the heart with dye for blockages)..

Yours truly,

Dr Brenes-Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN
Answered: Wed, 12 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor