Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Choking after water entered windpipe, eyes rolled back in head, stiffness, shaking. Treatment?

my husband was taking a drink of water and i think it went down the wrong tube he started choking and then his eyes rolled in the back of his head and his body went stiff and his legs started shaking, i got him to the ground and i think when he hit the ground it knocked it open or whatever and he sat up and had no idea what had happen. he wants to go to bed but i think he should go get seen.
Asked On : Sat, 8 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  382
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

I went through your concerns. Your husband was drinking water and suddenly he started coughing and choking. As you concluded, it could be water gone through the wrong tube. Often happen with everyone.

But your husband suffered with acute choking / dyspnea. The quantum of foreign item entered into the wind pipe determines how hard the system works to throw the foreign object out. Till then the system starves for oxygen. That has what happened with you husband. Ask him to be more careful. For now he should be OK. Still if you want, you can consult a physician for further clarification.

Hope this answers your query. Available for further clarifications.
Good luck.
Answered: Fri, 4 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor