Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Chlamydia infection, possible to detect in urine test ?

hello doctor if i had chlamydia then is it possible to have bacteria present in my urine culture I had my urine test then my bacteria is nil in my report,is it possible to have chlamydia unhidden. My question is simple that is it possible to have indication of chlamydia infection in simple urine test
Asked On : Mon, 26 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  149
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hii Pach
first of all i want to tell that chalmydia is different species, is a intracellular parasite, not a bacteria.. so it is not possible to culture easily.
The first of tests antigen detection is done , generally of chlamydia lipopolysaccharide (LPS) or MOMP, as a means of detecting chlamydial elementary
bodies or antigens in genital specimens. The most widely used of these assays are the DFA and enzyme immunoassay (EIA) tests.
culture is specific but not done routinely because of simple and more sensitive/specific tests are available...

hope it will help
Answered: Sun, 1 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor