Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Chipped knee cap, in full leg plaster, intense pain, plaster appears shrunk. Is this normal?

My 80 year old mum has a chipped knee cap and has been put in a full leg plaster . We have been back to the hospital three times and had the plaster changed twice because it has been rubbing and has cause a sore. We are due to go back to the hospital in 10 days time but mum is in a lot of pain and the plaster appears to have shrunk . Is this right ? should we pay another visit to the hospital or wait until the due appointment ?
Asked On : Mon, 8 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
If there is a lot of pain, it means that something is wrong. Either the fracture fragments have displaced or the wound is infected. You need to get her checked her at hospital again.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Mon, 8 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor